Planning some travel? Considering a lap around Oz? Love camping and caravanning? Looking for websites to help with inspiration, questions or technical advice?
We have spent a fair amount of time researching many aspects of travel, camping and 4x4ing from setting up our own rig, choosing places to visit right down to quarantine restrictions and land permits. We thought we would make a list of websites we have utilised and have found worthwhile to help with any questions you may have or maybe you just want to have a sticky beak on like minded websites.
Travel related resources
- Quarantine Australia- Domestic
- Australian Bureau Of Meteorology
- Caravan Park Reports and Reviews
- Exploroz- Internet forum and resource site
- Rest Stops- Australia Wide
- Public Toilet Map- Australia Wide
- Dump Points around Oz
- Camps Australia Wide
- High/Low Tide Charts
- Fuel Watch
- Holidaying With Dogs
- Australian School Term Dates
- Caravanning News
- Mail Forwarding Services
- Exploroz- One of Australia’s largest travelling and 4×4 resource shop with interactive forum
- MySwag- Australia’s largest Camper Trailer forum full of great info, tips and general banter
- Nissan Patrol Forum– A great site of like-minded Patrol owners
- Landcruiser Forum– A great place for technical information regarding Toyota Landcruisers
- CaravanCaravan- A general resource website for nomads of all hair colour!
- Caravanners Forum– A forum catering for caravan lovers, travellers and people who love the nomadic lifestyle
Misc Links for travelling Oz, camping and general travel
Whats Up Downunder- Australia’s Premier leisure and lifestyle website, magazine and TV show
Cast Iron Cooking– Mick the Cast Iron Cook -Revolutionising the world of campfire and cast iron cooking
Hema Maps- Apart from being Australia’s leading mapping company, the Hema website has lots of great tools and tips for exploring Australia
If you have any suggestions for other useful links please let us know. The idea is to build a no nonsense list of USEFUL links to help travellers and campers find information- without all the fluff!
Submit a Link: